First Home Buyers Grant
What is the First Home Buyer Grant?
(Previously HomeStart Grant)
A first home buyer making regular KiwiSaver contributions for a minimum of 3 years, may be eligible for a First Home Grant of up to $5,000.
To be eligible for a First Home Grant, you must:
- be over 18
- have earned less than the income caps in the last 12 months
- not currently own any property
- have been contributing at least the minimum amount to KiwiSaver (or complying fund or exempt employer scheme) for 3 years or more
- purchase a property that is within the regional house price caps
- agree to live in your new house for at least 6 months.
Buying an existing home?
Buying an existing home means you can get up to $5,000 to go towards your deposit. You can get $1,000 for each of the years you’ve paid into KiwiSaver up to $5,000 for 5 or more years. (minimum 3 years)
Buying a new home?
Buying a new home means you can get up to $10,000 to go towards your deposit. You can get $2,000 for each of the years you’ve paid into KiwiSaver up to $10,000 for 5 or more years. (minimum 3 years)
Are you eligible for the First Home Buyers Grant?
As part of our home loan pre-approval application, I show you what you are eligible for and take care of the application process.